Cara Group Travel is delighted to present, The Scots-Irish Discovery Tour with the Ulster Historical Foundation (UHF), a tour of Ireland to inspire pride in Irish and Ulster heritage and culture. Founded in 1956, the UHF is a highly reputable research and publishing agency offering its extensive knowledge to help discover Irish and Scots-Irish ancestors.
Join this tour to discover the history of the province of Ulster and your connection to your Ulster-Scots heritage whilst taking in the incomparable greenery, majestic rolling hills, the warmest of welcomes and the iconic landmarks of Ireland and Northern Ireland – there’s never been a better time to travel…
Scots-Irish Discovery Tour
with the Ulster Historical Foundation
11 Day Package: Sat Jun 3rd – Tue Jun 12 2018
$2,489 PP Sharing Double/Twin ~ $3,088 PP Single Room
- June 3, 4: 2 Night Dublin Hotel
- June 5: 1 Night Omagh Hotel
- June 6, 7: 2 Night Derry Hotel
- June 8, 9, 10: 3 Night Belfast Hotel
- June 11: 1 Night Cabra Hotel – Cabra Castle Hotel
- Full Irish Breakfast Daily (except morning of arrival)
- 5 Hotel Dinners including Farewell Dinner at Cabra Castle
Transportation & Other:
- Professional Irish Guide Throughout
- Round-trip Airport Transfer from/to Dublin Intl Airport
- Luxury Air-Conditioned Coach with Professional Irish Driver Throughout
- All Hotel Taxes & Service Charges Included
- Hotel Porterage for 1 Bag
- Visit to Guinness Storehouse, Dublin
- Panoramic Sightseeing tour of Dublin
- Visit to St. Patrick’s Cathedral, Dublin
- Visit to The Ulster American Folk Park, Co. Tyrone
- Visit to Barons Court Estate, Co. Tyrone
- Walking Tour of the City of Derry~Londonderry
- Visit to the Siege Museum and Exhibition, Co. Derry~Londonderry
- Visit to Glenveagh National Park and Castle, Co. Donegal
- Visit to the Giants Causeway, Co. Antrim
- Visit to Sentry Hill, Co. Antrim
- Panoramic Sightseeing tour of Belfast
- Ulster Historical Foundation (UHF) Walking Tour of Belfast
- Visit to Titanic Belfast
- Visit to Down Cathedral, Co. Down
- Visit to the General Ross Monument, Co. Down
Request More Info
To get more details on this exclusive tour, please click below to complete the inquiry form.
To see the full day-by-day itinerary for this tour, please click below.
Irish Genealogy Essentials: A Family History Course
Research your Irish family history with the experts. Extend your stay and take this UHF course in Belfast from June 13 – 15 2018.
1718 Migration Booklet
Read about the first organized migrations of Scots and Irish-born Presbyterian people leaving the north of Ireland to a new life in New England colonies in North America.
Please feel free to contact our office to speak to a representative should you have questions about this tour.
Email us on email@example.com or call us on 617-639-0273 – we’d be delighted to help!
300th Anniversary of 1718 Migration in 2018
2018 marks the 300th anniversary of the 1718 Migration, in which significant numbers of families from the north of Ireland traveled on sailing ships to Boston in America and thence to found towns and communities in America at first in Massachusetts, New Hampshire and Maine, and then onwards throughout the continent.
This journey would pave the way for the thousands more and would mark the start, in particular, of the Scots Irish relocation to America.