Cara Group Travel is delighted to present, The Scots-Irish Discovery Tour with the Ulster Historical Foundation (UHF), a tour of Ireland to inspire pride in Irish and Ulster heritage and culture. Founded in 1956, the UHF is a highly reputable research and publishing agency offering its extensive knowledge to help discover Irish and Scots-Irish ancestors.
Join this tour to discover the history of the province of Ulster and your connection to your Ulster-Scots heritage whilst taking in the incomparable greenery, majestic rolling hills, the warmest of welcomes and the iconic landmarks of Ireland and Northern Ireland – there’s never been a better time to travel…
Scots-Irish Discovery Tour
with the Ulster Historical Foundation
11 Day Land Package: Sat Jun 2nd – Tue Jun 12th 2018
Depart the U.S. on Sat Jun 2nd to arrive in Ireland on Sun Jun 3rd 2018.
$2,489 PP Sharing Double/Twin ~ $3,088 PP Single Room
- June 3, 4: 2 Night Dublin Hotel
- June 5: 1 Night Omagh Hotel
- June 6, 7: 2 Night Derry Hotel
- June 8, 9, 10: 3 Night Belfast Hotel
- June 11: 1 Night Cabra Hotel – Cabra Castle Hotel
- Full Irish Breakfast Daily (except morning of arrival)
- 5 Hotel Dinners including Farewell Dinner at Cabra Castle
Transportation & Other:
- Professional Irish Guide Throughout
- Round-trip Airport Transfer from/to Dublin Intl Airport
- Luxury Air-Conditioned Coach with Professional Irish Driver Throughout
- All Hotel Taxes & Service Charges Included
- Hotel Porterage for 1 Bag
- Visit to Guinness Storehouse, Dublin
- Panoramic Sightseeing tour of Dublin
- Visit to St. Patrick’s Cathedral, Dublin
- Visit to The Ulster American Folk Park, Co. Tyrone
- Visit to Barons Court Estate, Co. Tyrone
- Walking Tour of the City of Derry~Londonderry
- Visit to the Siege Museum and Exhibition, Co. Derry~Londonderry
- Visit to Glenveagh National Park and Castle, Co. Donegal
- Visit to the Giants Causeway, Co. Antrim
- Visit to Sentry Hill, Co. Antrim
- Panoramic Sightseeing tour of Belfast
- Ulster Historical Foundation (UHF) Walking Tour of Belfast
- Visit to Titanic Belfast
- Visit to Down Cathedral, Co. Down
- Visit to the General Ross Monument, Co. Down
Need assistance with airfare? No problem! We can arrange airfare from all major U.S airports – just request assistance in the booking form, let us know your preferred departure airport and we will get back to you with an air and land cost.
The Irish Genealogy Essentials Extension
An extension package perfect for those interested in the Irish Genealogy Essentials: A Family History Course by the Ulster Historical Foundation taking place in Belfast on June 13th to 15th. Request more information on the booking form.
5 Day Land Package: Tue Jun 12th – Sat Jun 16th 2018
$419 PP Sharing Double/Twin ~ $708 PP Single Room
- June 12, 13, 14, 15 : Premier Inn Belfast City Centre (Alfred Street)
Located 15 min walk from the UHF
- Round-trip Airport Transfers from Dublin Airport to Belfast
Scots-Irish Discovery Tour will conclude at Dublin Airport. Transfer from Dublin Airport to Belfast with this inclusion.
The course fee for an Irish Genealogy Essentials: A Family History Course by the UHF is not included. Travelers on the tour who sign up to the course will receive a $50 discount. For course details, click here and for course pricing, click here.
Request More Info
To get more details on this exclusive tour, please click below to complete the inquiry form.
To see the full day-by-day itinerary for this tour, please click below.
Irish Genealogy Essentials: A Family History Course
Research your Irish family history with the experts. Extend your stay and take this UHF course in Belfast from June 13 – 15 2018.
1718 Migration Booklet
Read about the first organized migrations of Scots and Irish-born Presbyterian people leaving the north of Ireland to a new life in New England colonies in North America.
Please feel free to contact our office to speak to a representative should you have questions about this tour.
Email us on email@example.com or call us on 617-639-0273 – we’d be delighted to help!
300th Anniversary of 1718 Migration in 2018
2018 marks the 300th anniversary of the 1718 Migration, in which significant numbers of families from the north of Ireland traveled on sailing ships to Boston in America and thence to found towns and communities in America at first in Massachusetts, New Hampshire and Maine, and then onwards throughout the continent.
This journey would pave the way for the thousands more and would mark the start, in particular, of the Scots Irish relocation to America.